I think this would further encourage people to be lazy and not upgrade to
newer Go versions.

This always leads to problems, especially when things like tooling is
involved, and especially
when the debugger side of Go improved so much between versions.

I always liked the fact that Go only shows the docs for the current
version, forcing everyone
else to either upgrade or run their own godoc locally for their Go version.

As such, I think it would be a mistake to support anything else but the
current version (and tip, ofc).