I'd like to better understand how multiple-module repositories work if
tagged commits are used for minor and patch versioning.

My understanding is that major version increments are controlled with
import paths, while minor and patch version increments are controlled with
commit tags.

Is it possible for me to have different minor/patch versions for different
modules in one repository? For example, suppose I have this:

    github.com/my/thing/go.mod
    github.com/my/thing/blue/go.mod

And suppose my current commit is tagged with v1.0.0.

Now I fix a bug in github.com/my/thing/blue. How do I indicate that
github.com/my/thing/blue is at v1.0.1 without changing
github.com/my/thing's version?