On 25 April 2018 at 10:24, Louki Sumirniy
<louki.sumirniy.stal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As you look deeper into the link discussing the B-heap you can see that
> actually I am pretty much exactly following the same general structure in my
> algorithm. The structure will align neatly with page boundaries and that
> means less page faults and reduced pressure on the virtual memory mapping
> system that means actually the tree can go a lot larger while cutting down
> delays on retrieving data. I intuitively understood this in my own visual
> model and this picture in particular is exactly how I visualised the data
> storage map:

To expand slightly on why this data structure isn't good for
searching, imagine you're searching for the number 40 in either of
those pictured data structures. When you're looking at the root, you
have to make a decision whether to move to the left or the right
child, but you can only see 2 and 3. How do you decide that you need
to go left? Now imagine you're searching for 31 - how do you decide
that the correct direction is right?