I brought this up way back in the early days.
There will be an old post.
The fear is mental inertia and muscle memory -- a new-to-beginners
character set would not "sell".

An easy compromise is go vet: it can translate between  '>=" to '≥' rather
easily.

*Michael T. jonesmichael.jo...@gmail.com <michael.jo...@gmail.com>*