> People keep adding stuffs into Go and later find themselves unable to
remove existing features due to the backward compatibility promise. Go 1.11
is a different beast than Go 1.0, and is significantly more complex.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that tooling is covered under
the backward compatibility promise, so it is possible to remove things
without a new major version bump. Of course, this would have to be done
with care, but it's not out of the question. I know that this is a bit of
an aside but it's worth keeping in mind.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 4:40 PM <andrewchambe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recall reading from Russ Cox that vendoring will be removed in the
> future and be replaced by explicit caching with modules.

Tyler Compton
Student of Software Engineering
Arizona State University