It is always good to be reading Dijkstra. He was a treasure. His
observations were those of the computing world, and combined with IBM’s
dominance and desire behind PL/1, created the dead zone from which C saved
us all.

Unfortunately the good of these dead ends was lost, and the good of Algol68
was never even understood. I don’t long for them, but I miss their DNA
being in the mix.

*Michael T. jonesmichael.jo...@gmail.com <michael.jo...@gmail.com>*