It seems to me that what he was railing against was the design-by-committee
approach?  Having never studied Algol68 it's hard to say but skimming the
wiki page parts of it could be transposed directly into one about Go so I'm
not sure the DNA is totally gone, just we're lucky to avoid the committee :)