On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 04:36:32AM -0700, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> I consider polite to use the interleaved reply style and to trim the
> original message as much as possible.  It requires time and thinking,
> something that seems to be rare nowadays.

And yet you are right now also not doing it, adding to the problem.

Then again, not everyone uses a mail client where things like this is obvious,
some prefer to use gmail for example. Now, gmail doesn't care about threading
and automatically top / bottom posts (not sure which direction).

People aren't in the 80s anymore where a 72 char limit was nice, due to the
screen size. Automatic line wrapping is a thing since a while, so are clients
that strip (or hide) the quoted message trail.

So in short: get used to it :)