On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 7:18:49 AM UTC+2, Daniel Theophanes wrote:

> I don't typically run wayland anywhere, but I was interested in this
> project and installed wayland and weston from my package manager. However,
> it seems my package manager's version of weston (v4.0.0) is too old(?)
> because I get the Go error: "wayland: no xdg_wm_base available". Probably
> from [here](
> https://git.sr.ht/~eliasnaur/gio/tree/master/ui/app/os_wayland.go#L1051).
>
> Do you have any tips?  Tried googling various terms, but nothing seemed
> relevant.

I'm sorry I missed your question. The precursor "unstable" version of the
"xdg_wm_base" is "zxdg_shell_v6", which is supported by weston but not by
gio. However, weston is only a reference compositor and is not intended for
serious use. On my Fedora 29, the Gnome shell supports xdg_wm_base, but its
version of weston (5.0.0) does not.

What distribution and version are you running? If your distribution
supports Wayland in general, you should be able to choose Wayland from the
login chooser.

 - elias