I am Italian, and I learned to program quite early - before really knowing
English.

In my experience, the fact that most programming languages use English
keywords is not a big obstacle - for two reasons:
1) each programming language has very few reserved keywords - dozens at
most, compared to thousands of words you need to know in a new foreign
language.
2) a programming language is a **language** anyway, so the effort is mostly
in learning the meaning of each keyword, its syntax, and how to use it.

Having said that, English speakers have great advantages when studying
programs documentation, as most languages and libraries are **documented**
and commented in English.
But in my opinion the fragmentation created by "everyone writes programs,
comments and docs in its own language" would be **much** worse.

For reference, some years ago at work I had to integrate a program written
in German - identifiers, function names, even comments were in German.
It was a nightmare, and it took months even with help from other (Italian)
people that knew the program and the meaning of each identifier and
function.

Regards,
cosmos72