I would add that engineering is the art of tradeoffs.

The language authors decided to route all network scheduling
through netpoll, and launch a new goroutine for every incoming http
request. These decisions carry a significant overhead. But they mean
that users of the language can effortlessly write production ready web apps
which magically
scale to utilise all the cores at our disposal, handle concurrent
and long-running requests with grace, handle orders of magnitudes more
requests than python or ruby, and which do not require us to become
experts in tuning Apache/Nginx configs.

So the authors have decided to favour making our lives easier over
trying to get absolutely optimal performance in benchmarks.
Personally I appreciate their choices and enjoy using Go.
Those who have other priorities are more than welcome to write the web apps
in
Perl, Rust, C++, assembler etc...
Go was never meant to be all things to all people.