Hey Sam and Pudds,

thanks for feedback and help. v1.1.7 helped.
I must say go.mod is growing on me, but it's still hindering productivity
or let's say a step back.

If you use Goland, which probably most mousepushers like me use, since
everything is under ~/go/pkg/
even with modules enabled in the IDE, if you don't know the exact type, it
won't autocomplete anymore
And for each subdirectory that is not yet "connected" to the main package
or root level updating imports and go.mod/sum needs to be done seperately
or else you won't have code completion.
So this involves finding the package name, going to their repository then
finding the godoc reference, clicking on it, and searching on the page for
the correct type.
For instance I forgot
r := gin.Default()
was it gin.New() or was it gin.NewRouter() ? I forgot.
So I had to do the whole jazz wasting time.
Previous to go modules, it's in ~/go/src/ the IDE had indexed the paths and
it's available.

Now you can say, "that's not a Go modules problem, that's the IDE". Well
yeah but the factual reality is, it's a step backwards in productivity.
Maybe it really is an IDE issue and it doesn't happen in vim.

Another concern is this Google proxy by default. That is really something I
find feels like betrayal.
I didn't know every go modules request goes through a Google proxy by
default until I read more about the modules topic.
And the resolution of this problem wasn't very obvious, but I had to read
through obscure documentation.
Read the privacy policy if you can find it, then read the rather long
document (longer than a simple: here's the one-line that turns off this
builtin spyware)
All leaving a sour taste.

I wonder what kind of spyware Go v2 will include by default.
Not happy.