On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM, Michal Strba <faiface2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd say a dot is necessary when instantiating a function call but
> unnecessary when instantiating a type because it's always syntactically
> clear when a type is required.

That's not true in Go. Conversions look like function calls:

      y := f(x)

could be a conversion or a function call, depending on whether f is a
function or a type. If you need to use type parameters on f, the same
parsing problems present themselves whether it's a parameterized type or a
type parametric function.