Hi Russ,

In general, I think the proposal is a really good one.  I like that you
abandoned contracts as interfaces were just too similar, and personally I
like the choice of square brackets.

There are a few aspects I do not like — 1.) no zero value and 2.) lack of
covariance and contravariance — but perhaps those can be addressed in the
future?

All in all, I think the team has come up with a really good approach to
generics, much better than the prior proposals.

-Mike

P.S. If there is one thing that piqued my interest about this thread it
was Geoff Speicher's suggestion of a "generic" keyword, assuming type
inference could be addressed. That approach would be even easier to reason
about than the current proposal, I think.  That said, the current proposal
is very good if type inference can not be addressed in Geoff Speicher's
suggestion.