On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 12:41 PM Dan Kortschak <d...@kortschak.io> wrote:

> I get the following
>
> ```
>  C alignof struct s: 8
> Go alignof struct s: 8
> Go alignof        S: 8
> ~/cznic $ go version
> go version go1.15.1 linux/arm64
> ~/cznic $ uname -a
> Linux bildr 4.19.0-10-arm64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.132-1 (2020-07-24)
> aarch64 GNU/Linux
> ```
>
> I have an arm64 linux running on my pi, maybe the armv7l behaviour is
> different.

Seems to be the case as armv7l is AFAIK a 32 bit only CPU. And arm64
is next on the list of my targets so thank you for the information.

But the question is still the same. Is it a bug or is my assumption
about Go and C agreeing on alignments/offsets invalid? I realizethe
specs say nothing in this regard.