I have not poked in the internals
but Gorm has drivers for the dbs it supports which implement a common
interface.
The sqlite driver is "github.com/go-gorm/sqlite" which pulls talks to
the CGO "github.com/mattn/go-sqlite3".
I could just try forking "github.com/go-gorm/sqlite" and
replacing mattn/go-sqlite3 with "modernc.org/sqlite".
I'll have a play around when I get a bit of time.