On Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 12:23:35 PM UTC-8 Space A. wrote:

> > OOP isn't specific about how inheritance is handled (or if it is even
> supported)
> Oh my... It is pure sophistic nonsense. OOP is all about inheritance. Not
> just whether you have "objects" in a language spec or not.

Sorry to disappoint you (actually, no, not sorry) but OOP has nothing to do
with inheritance. It's a common feature in object-oriented programming but
it's not essential.

Moreover, Go has inheritance as well (struct embedding and interface
inheritance), making it a fairly typical example. The only significant
difference is that Go has structural typing, instead of manually
declaration of implemented interfaces.

> But on the topic of generics, this entire thread seems alarmist.
> Generics will open a huge door for libraries to be written that will make
> our lives easier.  I'm thinking specifically about data processing and
> machine learning.  A lot of devs use Python right now for this which leads
> to duplication of code across languages.  Complex algorithms will be able
> to be shared without hacky type conversions wrapping every function call.
> Who is "yours"? You talk about Python so just go ahead and use Python if
> it serves you, convince your team that Python is better, whatever.

You know that this argument can be applied to you as well?