On 1/13/21 2:06 PM, Robert Engels wrote:
> A panic is not a security issue. Memory corruption/stack overflow is. In Go
> the latter is accomplished through CGo and unsafe pointers/operations.

It isn't as clear cut as that. Panics can be security issues and memory
corruption/stack overflows can also result in DOS and not necessarily be
exploitable.

Granted panics should be handled and are largely akin to logic errors, except
when the compiler would have prevented that failure before release. Logic errors
are the biggest cause of security issues in Go

Personally. I would restart a panicked process or process group, without
exception and treat it more severely, if it happens.