On Tue, 2021-01-19 at 21:09 +0000, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> On January 19, 2021 8:22:01 PM UTC, 'Dan Kortschak' via golang-nuts <
> golang-nuts@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2021-01-19 at 20:01 +0000, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> > > I was inquiring about the possibility of no identifiers or
> > > abstraction but simply like Gos non generic functions (possibly
> > > reversed if needed). Using type OR type.
> > >
> > > func (String | []byte firstInput, myType | publicKey
> > > secondInput)       {
> > >
> > >       firstInput[0]
> > >       firstInput[[]byte]
> > > }
> >

> > How does this encode the desire that parameter types match?
>
> These are the parameters. dynamic var firstInput must be a String or
> byte slice.

Yeah, that doesn't answer the question.

How do you make sure that types match where you have more than one
parameter where the types must match?

func find(s, pattern string | []byte) (string | []byte)

If find is looking for pattern in s and then returning it, how do you
indicate to the compiler that typeof(s) == typeof(pattern) and how do
you indicate what the return type is?