On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:45 PM Kevin Chadwick <m8il1i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On January 19, 2021 9:13:55 PM UTC, Levieux Michel <mlevieu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >I think the question was: "given your proposal here, I can write func
> >(string | []byte in1, string | []byte in2) which enforces that in1 and
> >in2
> >must be either of type string or type []byte, but how do I tell the
> >compiler that in1 and in2 must be of the *same type* (whether it is
> >string
> >or []byte) ? "
> >

> You could always use a well placed &. That isn't the point. 😉

People (including me) do not understand your suggestion. They are asking
question in an attempt to change that. If you want your suggestion to
receive consideration, it would help if you could answer those questions.
Write down the actual proposed syntax.

Better yet would be to write down an actual description of how the syntax
would be defined could be parsed and what the semantics are, that are
ascribed to it.

Again, this is in your interest - if you want people to consider your
suggestion (or help you refine it into a workable solution), they first
need to understand it.