>> I don’t understand why ping does not have the same problem. Ping is not
>> based on C library?
>>

> Looking at the source code, the ping command on macOS use gethostbyname2()
> [1][2], while the Go on macOS use C library through getaddrinfo [3][4].

If so, I'd consider it as a performance bug of net.Dial() on macOS.
After all, the following command runs quickly to resolve an IP address
from a name (suffixed with .local) in /etc/hosts much faster. So
net.Dial() could (and probably should) just use this (or something
along this line) on macOS to fix the performance problem.

net.ResolveIPAddr("ip4", addr)

--
Regards,
Peng