I missed the conversation originally. however go install has been left in a
unfortunate state where it bewilderingly errors out when the main module
contains a replace directive. I'm primarily wondering where I should be
going to contribute to that conversation and if there is someone on the go
team I can just file a few experience reports with around package tooling
over the past few release. as the go tools have seemingly become less user
friendly over the past few releases. its mainly a bunch of varied issues.