Jan,
To clarify a bit, "world" used to be everything under $GOPATH/src.   Since
gophers can expect at some point to see $GOPATH go away the directory I now
refer to as "world" is just a local/private version of my github.com/hotei
repository with about 250 or so subdirs that represent individual
projects.  I'm about halfway through the conversion process and it's pretty
much down to a lot of typing now.  Go has gotten a bit more complex lately
with vendoring and modules but in my opinion it's still the best choice for
development. One particular strength I can vouch for is that I can look at
go code I wrote 10 years ago and 99% of the time I understand what I was
doing at the time.  Can't recall any other language I've used for which I
can say the same.
David