Hi Jay,

On Thu Jul 1, 2021 at 00:45 CET, Jay Conrod wrote:
> Hi Sebastien, once a version is in proxy.golang.org, it usually can't be
> removed. This is important to ensure that builds continue working when a
> repository disappears upstream.
>
> You may want to publish a new version with a retract directive in
> go.mod,
> marking the earlier versions as invalid. In Go 1.16 and higher, the go
> command won't automatically upgrade to a retracted version. The version
> containing the retractions may retract itself. Retract Module Versions
> <https://play-with-go.dev/retract-module-versions_go116_en/> is an
> interactive tutorial explaining how to use this feature.
>
> Even with retractions in place, you won't be able to reuse the old
> version
> numbers. They'll be hidden, but still available to any users that depend
> on
> them.

thanks for the pointer to the tutorial.
I think I did apply all the expected operations on my repo:

- tagged a v0.4.1 version with the `retract v1.4.2` stanza:

https://github.com/go-pdf/fpdf/pull/10/files#diff-33ef32bf6c23acb95f5902d7097b7a1d5128ca061167ec0716715b0b9eeaa5f6
- waited for a minute or so and issued:

$> go list -versions -m
github.com/go-pdf/fpdf v0.1.0 v0.2.0 v0.3.0 v0.3.1 v0.4.0 v0.4.1 v1.4.2

I also requested v0.4.1 both on the pkg.go.dev site and explicitly in a
dummy module with `go get github.com/go-pdf/fpdf@v0.4.1`:

$> mkdir foo && cd ./foo
$> go mod init foo
$> go get -u -v github.com/go-pdf/fpdf@v0.4.1
github.com/go-pdf/fpdf

$> go get -u -v github.com/go-pdf/fpdf
go get: github.com/go-pdf/fpdf@v1.4.2: parsing go.mod:
        module declares its path as: github.com/phpdave11/gofpdf
                    but was required as: github.com/go-pdf/fpdf

I am probably handing it the wrong way.
(I am using go-tip at 9d65578b83)

thanks again,
-s