On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 06:12:43PM -0700, Michael Ellis wrote:
> Three cheers for mage <https://magefile.org/>.  It's more verbose than make
> but it's pure Go. I use it to build and test projects that include
> generated html/css/js supported by a Web Assembly clients communicating
> with a server.

It may be nicer, however the beauty of make is that it is ubiquitous,
everybody already has it.

With mage, your installation instructions now need to contain how /
where to get mage in the first place, leaving the user with a random
binary somewhere which they probably never ever need nor update again.