Am I the only one who thinks this? The old site golang.org had a simple and
elegant design and appearance. It presented just most important information
and essentials; the front page was small and straight to the point, and the
navigation and site as a whole emphasized information and tools to get real
work done. It was like the site embodied the principles and values of the
Go language itself: simple, practical, and efficient; no bullshit. A site
for programming professionals designed by programming professionals.

Contrast with the new site go.dev: emphasizing and cluttered with sales
pitch and persuasion tactics (as if Google's own successful usage and
support for Go wasn't already enough to sell most people) and auxiliary
information not directly relevant or helpful to the programming task at
hand. The site looks and feels like it was designed by a third-party
freelancer who just took a generic business template and added the color
blue (the color of Go's logo). It displays no unique personality nor does
it reflect the qualities of the Go language itself, unlike the old site.
Sloppy margins and typography and obfuscated with auxiliary content, it
seems no careful thought or subtlety has been given to its design or
presentation.

I can't think of one thing I like about the new site compared to the old
one, and would like to see the old site make a comeback.