Hi there,

We have found an error in your library. We have created next test program:

package main

import (
        "fmt"

        _ "github.com/golang/glog"
)

func main() {
        fmt.Println("Hello world")
}

Then we have enforced the usage of the latest changes (master branch),
instead of the tagged ones:

$  go get -u github.com/golang/glog@master

Having GOOS="linux" in Golang 1.18 we get the next error when trying to
build ($ go build ./...) the test program:

# github.com/golang/glog
../.asdf/installs/golang/1.18/packages/pkg/mod/
github.com/golang/glog@v1.1.1-0.20230317133409-c0f9e3d764d3/glog_file_other.go:27:6:
abortProcess redeclared in this block
../.asdf/installs/golang/1.18/packages/pkg/mod/
github.com/golang/glog@v1.1.1-0.20230317133409-c0f9e3d764d3/glog_file_linux.go:33:6:
other declaration of abortProcess

We don't get this error if we use Golang 1.19.

We guess this error was caused when you splitted the usage of abortProcess in
different files
<https://github.com/golang/glog/commit/c0f9e3d764d339d6b6443032e034c7d3bd5efe3a>.
If you need more info regarding this don't hesitate to message me.

Best regards,

--
[image: Logotipo Cabify]
Juanan Cid Tomás

Senior Engineer at Middleware
juanantonio....@cabify.com

[image: Logotipo Somos Neutros en Carbono]

--

Este mensaje y cualquier archivo adjunto va dirigido exclusivamente a
su destinatario, pudiendo contener información confidencial sometida a

This message and any attached
file are intended exclusively for the addressee, and it may be
confidential. You are not allowed to copy or disclose it without Cabify's
prior written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify us by e-mail.