[Aside: I think it would have been better to start a new thread rather than
hijack an unrelated conversation]

go.dev and pkg.go.dev both work perfectly for me.

Are you able to resolve those names to IP addresses - if so, what? What do
you see when you attempt to connect? Do you have a static entry for go.dev
in your local hosts file?

Maybe you have a problem with your local network - are you going via a
proxy or something like that?