On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 10:06 PM Christian Stewart
<christ...@aperture.us> wrote:

> Autocomplete and a go language server (gopls) add a ton of speed because you
> don't need to look up the docs for function and variable names. And go to
> definition improves speed navigating code significantly.

- Using autocomplete and go-to-definiton does not require VSCode or
any other IDE.
- I do use autocomplete and go-to-definition. When I said I use no
IDE, that does not mean I don't use those features.
- The speed of typing/inputting code is overally a rather negligible
factor of the total time cost of developing/debugging and maintaining
any non-toy project. IOW, it's not a significant metric of
productivity.

> But vim-go can do both, so why not just use it?

Because I use govim? ;-)

(But not for my large projects, gopls chokes on them still too often
to tolerate it.)