It would have been great if Google let someone take over Google Feeds API
so those who were still using it (seems like quite a lot) could continue to
do so. If it was taken over, perhaps someone could have implemented some
potential improvements to it.

Instead it seems it has been killed off leaving those who were using it in
limbo.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/d309f5a1-9d40-4b10-9e67-60b98d86f90b%40googlegroups.com