So, has anyone actually got Maven up and running with a GAE project?

(and I mean really Maven, not Maven for this and Ant for that)

My best result is that datanucleus enhancer is kinda' working and I
can compile GWT using maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin. When I run the
project using this GWT plugin, hosted mode works, except that
persistence fails, saying it is not initialized.

I tried to use net.kindleit.maven-gae-plugin - and I even managed to
perform upload to GAE, using it's 0.2 version.
but gae:run task fails with an Exception.

I haven't yet been able to get it's 0.3 version running as the whole
dependency set seems to be changed and jars can not be found in
repositories anywhere on the net.

Has anyone had a better luck with this?