You need to make a call to
HttpServletResponse.setContentType<http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/javax/servlet/ServletResponse.html#setContentType(java.lang.String)>to
change the charset for the response. Maybe FreeMarker has a facility
somewhere to set that, or maybe you need to do it manually.

There's currently no facility (nor is one currently planned) for changing
the Charset of your JVM under App Engine.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:46 AM, Phuong Nguyen <phuongn...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Don:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I find the header on the cloud is a little bit *weird*
>
> For Local Server
> Response Headers
>
> Content-Language        en-US
> Content-Type    text/html; charset=utf-8
> Cache-Control   no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-
> check=0
> Pragma  no-cache
> Expires Sun, 17 May 2009 04:28:58 UTC
> Transfer-Encoding       chunked
> Server  Jetty(6.1.x)
>
> For Cloud Server
>
> Response Headers
> Content-Language        en-US
> Content-Type    text/html; charset=ANSI_X3.4-1968
> Cache-Control   no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-
> check=0
> Pragma  no-cache
> Expires Sun, 17 May 2009 04:43:18 UTC
> Content-Encoding        gzip
> Date    Mon, 17 May 2010 04:43:38 GMT
> Server  Google Frontend
> Content-Length  1581
>

> Charset was set to ANSI_X3.4-1968 (!)
>
> Probably that Charset is something that can be customized by an xml
> configuration?
>
> Please advice.
> On May 17, 10:58 am, Don Schwarz <schwa...@google.com> wrote:
>> We need more information to help with this.
>>
>> Did you compare the HTTP response headers between the DevAppServer and
>> when deployed?
>>
>> On May 15, 9:29 pm, Phuong Nguyen <phuongn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Thanks to Google guys, FreeMarker is now run fine. However, there is
>> > still a (small/big/?) problem with Unicode.
>> > I have a lot of Unicode inside my FreeMarker template. They all
>> > printed fine on Development Server. However, being deployed to the
>> > cloud, these Unicode characters are all displayed as question mark.
>> > (Vietnamese: Chọn nhà cung cấp của bạn -> Ch???n nh?? cung c???p c???a
>> > b???n).
>>
>> > Please advice.
>>
>> > Thanks.
>>
>> > --
groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java?hl=en.