> We haven't abandoned JDO/JPA, but we may emphasize the low-level APIs going
> forward. You'll always get low-level features first. The mismatch between
> datastore features and relational database features is starting to really
> grow.

I understand that emphasizing on the Low Level API makes sense, but
some work on JDO/JPA would be reasonable.
There is a lot of stuff that could be implemented on top of the
standard APIs.

Moreover, you could consider offering a custom Higher Level API, maybe
something similar to the Python version.
Having 10 slightly different community driven APIs is not productive.

regards,
-g.