On 6 October 2011 11:27, Nichole <nichole.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2 things to fix in your web.xml:
> --param-value should be single valued
> --url-pattern ExampleApp/* should be changed.
>    url-pattern has the following rules
>       path mapping:      starts with /, ends with /*
>       extension mapping: begins with *.
>       "default" servlet: single character /
>       all other strings are exact matches only
>
> The loader (appengine-tools) validates all other xml content against
> schemas
> except for the web.xml against the web-app_2_5.xsd schema, at least as
> of sdk 1.5.2...

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't worked in
GAE(It worked in eclipse and ant). Here is the modified web.xml. Am I
missing something else?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
        xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd";
        version="2.5">

<filter>
                <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy</filter-class>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <context-param>
                <param-value>/WEB-INF/spring/*.xml</param-value>
        </context-param>

        <!-- Bootstraps the root web application context before
servlet initialization -->
        <listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
        </listener>

        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>dispatcher</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
                <init-param>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/spring/servlet-config.xml</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
        </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>dispatcher</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/ExampleApp/*</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
        <welcome-file-list>
                <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>