On 10 October 2011 21:27, Manilal K M <libreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 October 2011 16:33, Manilal K M <libreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I forgot to add all the configuration files in my earlier email:
>>
>> WEB-INF/web.xml:
>> http://pastie.org/2654599
>>
>> WEB-INF/spring/application-config.xml
>> http://pastie.org/2654607
>>
>> WEB-INF/spring/servlet-config.xml
>> http://pastie.org/2654618
>>
>> WEB-INF/spring/spring-security.xml
>> http://pastie.org/2654633
>>
>> Welcome file
>> http://pastie.org/2654645
>>
>> I have spend almost one week on this error, but couldn't track the
>> root cause. As I said earlier the application works fine in eclipse
>> and ant with the above configurations. It seems I'm missing something
>> very trivial. Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Apologies for re-posting. But I'm really lost in darkness with this
> error. I have tried various options and workarounds suggested in
> various forums and mailing lists, but still cannot figure out the root
> cause.

After several days of tests and experiments, I got the solution for
the problem in appspot.com. There was an issue with the JSP
configuration in which the prefix had an additional slash.

Old Configuration:

<bean
     class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver">
                <property name="order" value="2" />
                <property name="prefix" value="/WEB-INF/views/" />
                <property name="suffix" value=".jsp" />
</bean>

New configuration:

<bean
     class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceViewResolver">
                <property name="order" value="2" />
                <property name="prefix" value="/WEB-INF/views" />
                <property name="suffix" value=".jsp" />
</bean>

In the controller the return path was "/Login/LoginPage.jsp". ( did
the change in xml file since there were too much controller methods
which returned the jsp file location).

I couldn't trace the issue until log4j was enabled to record the debug
issues. The key in identifying the issue was the following line in the
logs:

2011-10-10 21:38:14.644
[s~exampleapp-test/8.353868453989422042].<stdout>: 16:08:14,644 DEBUG
[org.springframework.web.servlet.view.JstlView] - Forwarding to
resource [/WEB-INF/views//Login/LoginPage.jsp] in InternalResourceView
'/Login/LoginPage'

Special thanks  to Nichole for guiding me with regards to XML configuration.

thanks & regards

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com