On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Angke Chen <ang...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If all you said is true, then why the billing in the preview was so
> cheap for 3 years?
>
> BAIT AND SWITCH I call.

it usually takes awhile for a product to bake before realizing that it is
indeed viable to the market. we couldn't make it *completely* free, so a
pay-as-you-go method worked well for Google and App Engine users alike. we
also wanted to continue to attract users to platform. as i already mentioned
in my previous message: "it was/is also in it's beta or preview period... a
time for users to "try before you buy."

3 years isn't unreasonable for a preview period, and since we launched,
we've kept on making improvements and adding new features to the platform --
new releases about every 6-10 weeks! yes, there have been a few small bumps
along the way, but this is the way of the cloud. we're continuing to make
the platform better for users, and hopefully some of you will see that it's
still a worthwhile endeavor!

best regards,
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
   http://corepython.com

wesley.chun : wesc+api at google.com : @wescpy
developer relations :: google cloud products