Hi Mary,

If you were affected by an outage or temporary issue, it's not really
possible to preempt such things, and the best advice for a programmer would
be to build redundancy and exception-handling and good monitoring into your
app. If you believe you've been affected by an outage which violates the
platform
SLA <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/sla?hl=en>, you should get in
contact with Billing to determine if you're eligible for any kind of
refund.

As to your specific technical issue, I'm unable to provide insight into
that, and in order to get more specific insight, you'd need to open a
support ticket <http://cloud.google.com/support>.

If I understand your text correctly, you were using a manual scaling
application and calls to create new instances using the modules service
were failing. If you had any error output visible in the logs for your app
at this time, that would be helpful in determining what went wrong.

At any time, if you think you've been affected by an intermittent issue on
the platform, you should make an issue report to the public issue tracker
<http://code.google.com/p/google-appengine/issues/list> as soon as
possible explaining the issue, the app id, and the time-frame in which the
incident occurred, so that we can potentially look into the logs for your
application during the time-frame and find the cause. This is the best way
to determine what went wrong short of reading your own logs in the case
that it was simply a cause within your application's code.

Regards,

Nick

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/39964254-a0b0-4c3f-af84-39ad4eab4b46%40googlegroups.com.