I'm new to App Engine and Google's offering for developers. Creating
endpoints so far have been fairly straight forward. Having said that, I'm
kind of lost how to authenticate users (using username/password), and
passing those details in Endpoints. Googling yields multiple results
suggesting I should use Google Identity Toolkit, and upon opening Toolkit
docs, it suggests I should use Firebase. Half of the times the docs aren't
inline with the development console which is only adding to the confusion.
Anyone experienced here can point me to recent JAVA based tutorial would be
greatly appreciated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/1c527d8d-f505-4995-9960-72273895a1f3%40googlegroups.com.