Hey Raunak,

The documentation on cloud.google.com is the best place to go, and Firebase
is definitely not necessary. If you want to work with the default
authentication options you can read the sections under "Calling Cloud
Endpoints from Clients
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/java/endpoints/calling-from-android>"
(linking "Calling Endpoints from an Android App" but there's also iOS
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/java/endpoints/calling-from-ios>
and JavaScript
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/java/endpoints/calling-from-javascript>

client documentation). If you want to authenticate users through any other
system on your client-side, you can pass their auth info along with the
request and use a Custom Authenticator (see these two Stack Overflow
questions: [1]
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25365858/google-cloud-endpoints-and-users-authentication/25390994>
, [2]
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28445840/how-can-i-pass-custom-information-from-an-app-engine-authenticator-to-the-endpoi/33656908#33656908>)

to rebuild a User object on the server-side.

I hope these documentation and links are helpful. Feel free to return to
ask any questions you still have after reading!

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/2014672a-d1ff-4b2d-a3e4-fc1b01852718%40googlegroups.com.