I am using Stackdriver with a Java GAE project since its availability.

I use it for measuring performance indicators and for generating alerts on
certain conditions.
It's great - very well integrated with the platform. You should definitely
try it yourself to see if it suits you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/1abf1f9c-08ca-445a-9199-d3b53c31a8d3%40googlegroups.com.