If you just want to send an announcement out, there are other ways to do that.
With just 700 to send, you could just do it from gmail in a few bulk sends. Or
you could import the list to mailchimp or one of the other mailing list
services.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/8CCB10D8-54E9-4958-AEB8-C383367CE22E%40gmail.com.