Just an evolutionary approach about Stack:

> Since most Qs are basic, how could SO have become so popular if basic Qs
> were discouraged?!

Maybe because nobody invented (yet) anything better.

But actually I don't see any problem with Stack, but with Google who
doesn't propose to his user a way to ask non welcomed stack question (of
course my arguments doesn’t work if your perception of stack is true, that
it welcomes "good questions", but it works with my perception of Stack :
good question can be down-voted. And being downvoted while asking (a valid
question) for support does not fit with the idea I have of a good customer
service/support).

Anyway, I don't need to agree with you on that point to like you.

What an interesting guy you are ! I hope to have the chance to see you or
your wife passing with your (red) Prius's license plate is P♥︎THON.

I'm passionate about this (you) kind of passionate people who burn
themselves for their passion which in turn helps others. I feel honored to
have talks with one of these python gods (the one who participate to this
awesome tool).

Concerning your life achievement I wish I could download your knowledge...
Maybe I will, if all the guys like you continue to do what they are doing!
In the million people you helped, some might invent that kind of
improvement. Who knows...

No, I won't give you the URL, you have already done too much. Billion users
are waiting for you, and some of them to improve the world.

Thanks for who you are, and greeting to Anna which apparently share your
values and your fecund goals

ps:

- yes, *our* docs (and in particular, product naming) could definitely be
> better,

Does that mean you work for Google?
If yes, don't worry: nobody is perfect!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CA%2BECagOxsNcu-CX9zKPYBY%3DZzr2vxraQHZRXu1JC2z54cDh2aQ%40mail.gmail.com.