Hi Ryan,

The feedback we receive was that Node.js developers expect to start their
application with "npm start" more than with "dev_appserver.py".

Replicating the handlers in your web framework is indeed the recommendation
that we give in our static handler documentation
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/nodejs/serving-static-files#serving_files_for_local_development>
.

That being said, we are currently exploring an optional solution to run
your Node.js App Engine app in a local emulator that would emulate the
static handlers.

In am curious, can you share more about why your application uses many
different static handlers?

Steren

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CANHKq5GKXzqjU%3DxwxVGExA8ws3vbP5sCdFD9duoZ5jdKzVfe%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.