Two related issues from the last ~24 hours or so:

1. I saw one of our developers ask our infrastructure folks to add a domain
validation record to our (non-google) DNS, for a domain that I had already
validated (we already have many App Engine hosted services using hostnames
under that domain). Why would App Engine ask to validate a domain that is
already validated?

2. A domain I previously validated no longer appears in the list of options
when I go to add a hostname to a new App Engine app. There are already apps
using hostnames under that domain, so why would the domain no longer show
up in the list of options when adding a new name to an App Engine app?

And a general question: Do domain validation records need to stay in place?
Or can they be deleted after the domain is validated? If the records need
to be left in place and our infrastructure team removed them, that might
explain my second Q above.

Thanks,
Mark

--
The content of this message is subject to our e-mail confidentiality
policy. <https://static.empire.ca/confidentiality/conf.html>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/badbb119-0ab6-4613-a8ed-58dfcb84df71%40googlegroups.com.