Hi Mark,

You are right. Since you are the person who validates the domain, the first
time you need to deploy the API. And after that the members with ‘Editor’
permission are able to access that API or deploy a new one. And regarding
domain validation record add up, I think you are on the right track

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/46c24b18-2fcc-46a8-93d4-e86d1e648dfe%40googlegroups.com.