Hi Manpreet Sidhu,

Thank you for the clarification.

We upload about 10'000 files to the BLOB in a MONTH not in a DAY. In a day
it's no more that 500 files now days and have a plenty of room while our
business is growing.
It's hard to switch to google Cloud storage  as we have hundreds of
application copies that our clients using all around the world. And it's
Android application  and Cloud java client library does not have Android
support.

The 500 Internal server started on 2020-02-15  when we  made more than
180'000 uploads  in about 6 years.
If the quota is 10'000 per day  and not in total  as you said  than we do
not have what to worry about in term of quota.

Henry

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 at 14:01, 'Manpreet Sidhu (Google Cloud Support)' via
Google App Engine <google-appengine@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi Henry,
>
> The Quota of 10,000 files is an App Engine deployment quota. This
> information is publicly available on our App Engine documentation regarding
> Quotas[1]. This quota enforces a maximum of 10,000 files per day.
>
> As an alternative to uploading files when deploying App Engine
> Applications, I suggest that you consider using Cloud Storage[2] with your
> application[3]. This will allow you to theoretically have millions of files
> and you will not need to worry about the deployment quotas.
>
> If you wish to keep using this method (not make any changes to your
> codebase), when your application does face this deployment issue, you can
> attempt to request a higher quota as mentioned in the documentation[4].
> Keep in mind that all quota requests are subject to the approval of
> engineering, which means that it can be denied.
>
> Regarding your other projects, I cannot tell you why you are not faced
> with the limitation of 10,000 files. Google Groups are for general
> questions, product discussions and not in-depth technical issues. As such,
> I am unable to tell you why it works in the other projects. My hypothesis
> is that a Quota increase request was made and it was approved, but this is
> my theory and only that.
>
> TL;DR: Use Cloud Storage. Less stress in regards to quotas.
>
> [1]: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/quotas#Deployments
> [2]: https://cloud.google.com/storage
> [3]:
> https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/java/using-cloud-storage
> [4]: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/quotas#When_a_Resource_is_Depleted

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/98c5598a-c501-4012-b660-e04283086119%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/98c5598a-c501-4012-b660-e04283086119%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CAADXkw_avU%3Dw5KQbHJ99Fs9%3D%3Dthj5n7bBODGSDDrW6PWK%3Dd74Q%40mail.gmail.com.
  • [google-appe... Henry Saldyga
    • [google... 'Jad El Houssami' via Google App Engine
      • [go... Henry Saldyga
      • [go... Henry Saldyga
        • ... 'Michael Targino' via Google App Engine
          • ... Henry Saldyga
            • ... 'Michael T' via Google App Engine
              • ... Henry Saldyga
              • ... Henry Saldyga
              • ... 'Manpreet Sidhu (Google Cloud Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... Henry Saldyga
              • ... 'Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... Henry Saldyga
              • ... Sandeep Koduri
              • ... 'yananc' via Google App Engine
              • ... Sandeep Koduri
              • ... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine