I just tried updating another service (I'm using Java) which now fails:

98% Application deployment failed. Message: Deployments using appcfg are no
longer supported. See https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/deprecations

But I can update other services, seriously Google what's going on?

Deprecated in July 30, then it's extended to August 30, but it seems you
have decided to cut the support for appcfg now?

It's still at least 2 month away, come on!.

/ Linus