I must be missing something, but I don't understand how in the problem D the
rules are restated from

    Whenever any two models share a row or column, at least one of the two must
be a +.
    Whenever any two models share a diagonal of the grid, at least one of the
two must be an x.

to:

    The + models are bishops. Two bishops may not occupy the same diagonal.
    The x models are rooks. Two rooks may not occupy the same row or column.
    The o pieces are queens. Two queens may not occupy the same row, column, or
diagonal. Moreover, a queen and a bishop may not occupy the same diagonal; a
queen and a rook may not occupy the same row or column.