Hi, I initially approached this using the same way as in the analysis of
the problem, but I thought I found a better solution. However, it kept
giving me WA and I am trying to figure out why. It passes all the examples
successfully as far as I can tell.

Could someone please help me out?

Thanks. The code is below in java.

import java.util.*;
import java.io.*;
public class Solution {
        Scanner in = new Scanner(new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(System.in)));
        int t = in.nextInt(); // Scanner has functions to read ints, longs,
strings, chars, etc.
        for (int i = 1; i <= t; ++i) {
            int n = in.nextInt();
            //schedules for c and j false is free true is busy 0-1440
            int[] c = new int[1441];
            int[] j = new int[1441];
            boolean busyC = false;
            boolean busyJ = false;
            boolean impossibleFlag = false;
            int start = 0;
            int end = 0;
            String output = "";
            //go through n tasks to try and assign
            for(int x=1; x<=n; x++){
                start = in.nextInt();
                end = in.nextInt();
                if(!impossibleFlag) {
                    for(int k=start; k<end; k++){
                        //check schedule for c and j
                        if(c[k]==1){
                            busyC = true;
                        }
                        if(j[k]==1){
                            busyJ = true;
                        }
                    }
                    if(!busyC){
                         output+="C";
                        //fill C's schedule
                         for(int k=start; k<end; k++){
                             c[k] = 1;
                         }
                    }
                    else if(!busyJ){
                        output+="J";
                        //fill J's schedule
                        for(int k=start; k<end; k++){
                            j[k] = 1;
                        }
                    }
                    else{
                        output="IMPOSSIBLE";
                        impossibleFlag = true;
                    }
                    busyC=false;
                    busyJ=false;
                }
            }
            System.out.println("Case #" + i + ": " + output);
        }
    }
}