I agree. The community is very active in the google group, but on the issue tracker nothing happens.
I would be great if issues would be treated as important as an entry in the google group.

What also would help to understand the state of guice development for newcomers would be a page in the wiki which explains how guice is developed within google and only now and then a big junk of code is released into the public.